Random Comic
sold

sold

└ Tags: ,

Discussion (13)¬

1. TB says:

wahahahahaha!

now THAT’s divine intervention! I love how people pray when things don’t happen their way.

2. carolita says:

Years and years ago I promised never to ask God for anything like money, cars, success, love, and all the usual crap people pray for. I pray for God now. I pray that people will leave him alone, give him a break, stop blaming him for everything… They say God is dead, so I pray that he get well soon. I pray FOR God, not at him. I figure I can take care of all the other stuff on my own. Miracles really aren’t called for, for much of what I do.

3. The Ridger says:

I worship this comic. It may be my favorite ever.

4. louis says:

fantastic!

carolita: people blame god for everything? from where i stand, he gets credit for the good and excused for the bad b/c of his mysterious ways.

5. mark says:

its all a trick we play on ourselves.

6. Boyan says:

Don’t you get it? Allah makes the miracle by giving the barmaid extra tickets. People nowadays expect miracles to happen, and 2 tickets to come from the sky together with divine light or something, so that’s why there are so many atheists…

Nice comic:)

7. Jonathan says:

A hilariously, knee-slappingly true comic.

8. “Years ago we answered them all, but years ago there was less people. And people prayed for something simple then: to light a fire, to catch a yak. Nowadays we get people praying for hockey teams, people praying for longer fingernails — we just can’t keep up with it.”

George Carlin: Interview with Jesus

9. Tim says:

Beautiful comic – a great re-telling of the old joke:
    “A priest is hanging off a cliff by his fingertips, and a walker approaches and says ‘let me help’ and the priest says ‘No God will save me!’…
    (repeat for a boat and helicopter)
    …”the priest falls to his death and says to god ‘why didn’t you save me?’ and god says ‘you ungrateful bastard! I sent a walker, a boat and a helicopter…’ “

10. AitchJay says:

Thanks, I just sprayed beer out my nose..

This is great, I’ve been going through your archives for a couple of days now, it’s all good.

11. Dave N says:

One of the best strips ever!

12. fenchurch says:

@Carolita: so you’re saying that even an omnipotent deity needs a little help now and then?

13. omsacras says:

Old comic, but I must add it made me laugh out loud.

Comment¬

NOTE: This comments section is provided as a safe place for readers of J&M to talk, to exchange jokes and ideas, to engage in profound philosophical discussion, and to ridicule the sincerely held beliefs of millions. As such, comments of a racist, sexist or homophobic nature will not be tolerated.

If you are posting for the first time, or you change your username and/or email, your comment will be held in moderation until approval. When your first comment is approved, subsequent comments will be published automatically.