Random Comic
texas

texas

Flattr this for Jesus

└ Tags: ,

Discussion (13)¬

1. mjm202036 says:

Good ol’ Mo. Always has his priorities straight (as a knot). Of course, he would be only be outraged because it’s not the Quran. All the other things listed are just regular practices by Muslim extremeists.

2. revulo says:

Heh heh! Another good one!

3. Well, hey, at least the ones in Texas don’t make the women wear burqas. There’s progress for you!

4. [...] Update: Jesus and Mo’ weigh in on the issue. [...]

5. Kristian Z says:

Heh, I really thought the punchline would something on Aisha.

6. ms morbo says:

ophelia:

have you seen the hair on thoughs morman ladies though? i’m not much in favour of the burqua myself, but at least it lets you off preening duties a little bit. as for the formless one colour dresses, well, shorter sleves and no head cover, but otherwise, they’re like the burquas skimpy cousin.

7. JayBee says:

I can only share Mo’s feelings of disbelief and shock!!!!

8. ms morbo, yeah, I have. Part of the (intended) irony in my post was how minimal the ‘progress’ is.

9. tie says:

Irony so thick…

Mo seems unable to step out of his shoes to see things clearly,

the Irony fog must be too thick to get away… I wonder

10. Daniel says:

“How could anyone believe the Book of Mormon is divinely inspired?”

I can answer that one.

First you read it, and it sounds kind of biblical in tone. Of course, this is because it’s completely derivative of the Bible, but anyway.

Then you have people tell you, “If you read and pray about it, and you” … wait for it … “feel any of a long list of feelings on this list, then that’s the Holy Ghost telling you that it’s true.” And you’re supposed to believe the feeling over any kind of counter-evidence, because that’s what faith is all about.

And it helps if your parents, teachers, and other people you trust keep reinforcing this for a period of years. Because they couldn’t all be wrong… could they?

Well, I must confess that I feel embarrassed at having believed that terrible book of stories once. But at least it’s not the Urantia Book or anything.

11. judas says:

I’m using that comic and linking back. Any problem, just let me know.

BTW, I love your work. Keep it up!!

12. JayneK says:

We now know that the claims made about the FLDS have very little, if any, evidence to back them up. The alleged teen mothers were, for the most part, produced by CPS claiming that adult women were minors. I have found it ironic that atheists and others who apparently pride themselves on their critical thinking were so uncritical in accepting the accusations. I did not see much weighing evidence or examining facts from these people when it came to believing the worst about religious people. Rather I saw complete acceptance of whatever would reinforce their prejudices.

13. Kerem says:

This is an amazing strip, both this specific one and most of them I’ve seen so far. I should however add that child brides and forced marriages are hardly the outcome of Islam. As a matter of fact it was pretty much okay (depending on the age of the child) to marry children and marriage was hardly a thing of women’s consent all over the world until recently. Islamic societies are the way they are since most of them live underpriviliged, uneducated lives in war-struck, post-colonialized areas (it was different, say, 300 years ago when everything was the exact opposite). Believe it or not, Islam was actually an improvemet when it came about. Pity most muslims took the word and not the spirit, ending up living a “modernized” 8th century in the 21st century.

Comment¬

NOTE: This comments section is provided as a safe place for readers of J&M to talk, to exchange jokes and ideas, to engage in profound philosophical discussion, and to ridicule the sincerely held beliefs of millions. As such, comments of a racist, sexist or homophobic nature will not be tolerated.