Random Comic
smart

smart

Flattr this for Jesus

└ Tags:

Discussion (19)¬

1. hen says:

“Ultimately, when people say they have faith, they mean that have faith in their own judgement”

That’s pretty insightful.

2. Mel says:

way too smart for Mo I think. was this somekind of epiphany than?

3. jONES. says:

I think therefore I am RIGHT?

4. Warren says:

“Faith in their own judgment”…

Yes. Very, very good.

5. rand says:

So insightful that I ordered a couple coffee mugs for the office :-)

6. Peter L says:

Moved up yet another notch. Great stuff! Author! Author!

7. Keith says:

The perils of epistemology have sucked in even one such as Mo.

8. Ricard says:

Definitely up a notch or two on the epistemology front. And so succinctly expressed. Keep it up!!

9. tie says:

nice one,

“Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence.”
    Richard Dawkins

10. jONES. says:

In some cases, Faith is belief in DEFIANCE of the evidence… Whatever evidence there may be is just the work of the devil…

If there’s no evidence, they have faith. If there IS evidence they have faith that the evidence is wrong…

11. Rob says:

Yes- “Credo quia absurdum” – I believe because its absurd.
    A Rabbi once told me that it was because the law of shatnez- the one that says you can’t wear wool and cotton together- was so oviously insane that it proved his faith.
    Its like reaching into your own skull, pulling out your frontal lobes and throwning them aside. “I won’t be needing those!”
    Keep up the good work.

12. Don Cox says:

One of the aims of dictators is to force the people they rule to do insane things, and keep a straight face while doing them. For examples, see any account of North Korea.

13. jerry w. says:

A nice variant on “Don’t confuse me with the facts, I’ve got my mind made up”.

That’s not actually a quote from George W. Bush, but were he able to speak in complete sentences, he might have said that .

He wouldn’t understand it, but he would have grinned like he did if he was so instructed.

14. A New Fan says:

Hilarious!

15. Thomas G says:

“The alleged short-cut to knowledge, which is faith, is only a
    short-circuit destroying the mind.” — Ayn Rand, _Galt’s Speech_

16. ToddAwful says:

If you use the trilemma, Jesus logic pans out.

Tie, it seems to me that Dawkins finds science a wonderful excuse to ignore anything he doesn’t care to think about.

17. Thoughts of a Dying Atheist says:

It would seem he does care about it actually, as he wrote a book discussing it, or something to that effect…

18. Bagpuss says:

….and what was the title of that book please (assuming that you’re still with us, that is!)

Comment¬

NOTE: This comments section is provided as a safe place for readers of J&M to talk, to exchange jokes and ideas, to engage in profound philosophical discussion, and to ridicule the sincerely held beliefs of millions. As such, comments of a racist, sexist or homophobic nature will not be tolerated.